I think I’m over feeding my fish I give the a cube of frozen brine a cube of my sis a cube of frozen saltwater multipack and some pellets of crab cous

BostonBill

Non-member
And crab cousins .Then I feed my corals .my tank looked nice and clean and today I got another wave maker and it was disgusting how much extra food was coming up . I have a dole wave maker on my 50 gallon and 2 power heads .Is that too much my fish seen ok ? I’m going to start half cubes of all that food tomorrow. I only have about 8 fish and corals and inverts and crabs .Had to get rid of my favorite crab because he killed a goby . Little bummed raised them all from babies . My question is do you think I’m over feeding like I think I am and is 4 powerheads and a wave maker to much for my fish? I also had a bad case of string algae but I took all my rock out last night scrubbed them all down cleaned my glass did a 50% water change am using phosguard and and Microbe Lift so hopefully that will kill off the algae!

Attachments

• 72CED86D-2BB0-42AC-843F-2ABE00F1319F.jpeg
    72CED86D-2BB0-42AC-843F-2ABE00F1319F.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 350
For feeding, a general recommendation is to only feed as much food that the fish can eat in 2 or 3 minutes. Snails are good for algae control. What is the GPH for those powerheads? Flow probably isn’t a problem for the fish.

Last edited:
And crab cousins .Then I feed my corals .my tank looked nice and clean and today I got another wave maker and it was disgusting how much extra food was coming up . I have a dole wave maker on my 50 gallon and 2 power heads .Is that too much my fish seen ok ? I’m going to start half cubes of all that food tomorrow. I only have about 8 fish and corals and inverts and crabs .Had to get rid of my favorite crab because he killed a goby . Little bummed raised them all from babies . My question is do you think I’m over feeding like I think I am and is 4 powerheads and a wave maker to much for my fish? I also had a bad case of string algae but I took all my rock out last night scrubbed them all down cleaned my glass did a 50% water change am using phosguard and and Microbe Lift so hopefully that will kill off the algae!
For feeding, a general recommendation is to only feed as much food that the fish can eat in 2 or 3 minutes. Snails are good for algae control. What is the GPH for those powerheads? Flow probably isn’t a problem for the fish.
Thanks bad baby fry I switched it up I got the wave maker on one side and I got 2 powerheads on the other side. I’m gonna cut there morning food in half I’m gonna cut the cubes in half hopefully that will do it
Thanks again Bill

Back