Frustrated

It can be tough at times. I usually just walk away and listen to my stereo. If I neglect the tank too long, the wife will say get your a** together and clean the tank. At that point, I have no choice but do it.

times can be tough in this hobbie .im feeling ur pain .had a friend over while i was in garage he deciced to leave his kids near my tank while he talked on phone and payed no mind to them . well all my sticks and caps r turnimg white and spewing slim been 3 days no improvent :mad:mad: found gummie worms ,a bottle for bubbles empty and a sprite can in the tank thanks kids aswell as the soda all over the wall not much i can do but go for a ride and yell at the air the struggles in this hobbie are real

I would get rid of the friend.

This hobby is definitely frustrating. Everytime I'm in a good place, I do something stupid and get frustrated all over again. My last wise move was to clean the algae and detritus from my small softie tank which is a frag rack; of course, may as well change all the Purigen, etc. while I'm at it. Well, guess I did too good a job because I lost many of my acans, and everything else is closed up. I must have stripped the tank of all the good nutients softies need. Why didn't I just leave it alone. I know better than to make too many changes at one time. :(

Last two fish, my ocy clowns, been in my 10g with cupramine at 0.4 ppm for a week and half, happy and eating like pigs. Couple days ago they both stopped eating. They seemed to seem more lethargic., one more so. Did a 50% water change and started pulling the copper (not detectable anymore). One of the clowns was dead this morning. Noticed from his gills to his belly only on his bottom lost color. Last guy standing is being pulled today to my other 10g and adding a teaspoon of prazi. Don't know what else to do. Been monitoring ammonia the whole time and no spikes. Keep copper level consistent. 2.5 gallon water changes every two days.

I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:
I guess all my issues may have been an internal issue that decimated all my fish but one. Last clown been in prazipro since Saturday. As of yesterday she started to perk up and is finally eating again. Finally some good news. As soon as this fallow period is up, I will attempt to restock. In the mean time I will monitor my girl and maybe shop for a replacement man for her.

Back