fyi- Marineland 400watt submersible heaters not safe!!!

Md_Skilz

Non-member
Just had three of my Marineland 400watt submersible heaters replace after six months of use due to bad seal, causing water to build up inside the tube. After a closer look, I found one of them with sign of black burn mark on the board. So I had all three replace for free (guaranteed for life just like it was printed on the box.) Got the replacements in; tested them all out and guest what… the same @#$% thing happen to all three. Water build up inside the tube. Wait before you say it was me, I hook up an old school heater to the outlet and it work fine, no issues at all… now I’ve used six Marineland 400watt submersible heaters and they are all bad….. Now I’m going back to the store to get three replacements for the replacements Marineland sent, if the second sets of replacement are bad as well, I’m done with Marineland period. And will tell them to send cash not #$%@#$ that don’t work….

Marineland sells cheap things anyway like reef capable fixtures that couldn't grow a mushroom. Just sayin

I have had nothing but problems with there products. I even emailed them after one of there pumps malfunctioned and crashed my tank and I never heard anything not even a generic "We are sorry for any problems you may have had with our products"

update, the replacements for the replacements are bad also... called Marineland and was told water in the tube is OK.. (really water in the tube is fine, What the Please do not try to circumvent the auto censor water in the tube is OK, Please do not try to circumvent the auto censor asked for refund and was told "sorry", but thankx for your money. was also told the only way to get a refund is when your tank blowup and you have lose of life and you must show that it was the heater which cause it... My LFS said they will refund me with store credits, if I still have the boxes... (really who keep the box after six months, really.) anyway I done with all Marineland Sh..t!

anyone know of a good safe working 300 watt to 400 watt heater?
Thankx

Last edited by a moderator:
The Finnex digital 300 watt is a piece of junk also.
Stopped working after a couple months.Turned into nothing but a digital thermometer.

Always been a Jager heater fan. The only bad thing is the length of the tube per watt. There huge....

Forgot to mention the top of a small marineland heater I had came off as well. Threw a duplicate out not worth the risk.

Back