FYI: Reeflo Orca 250, Reef Specialty Needlewheel

This past weekend, I replaced the old stock needlewheel with the new and improved needlewheel from Reef Specialty on my Orca 250 Pro model skimmer. The new needlewheel really improves the skimmer's performance over the stock needlewheel. The new needlewheel seems to push the effluent out of the neck much better than the stock unit. The replacement was very easy to do. I would definitely recommend this upgrade to an already great skimmer.

I am running the Reeflo Orca 250 with the complete Reef Specialty Upgrade (larger collection cup, gold dart pump, and improved needle wheel) And all I can say is WOW! This simmer really kicks some a$$. Especially with the Reef Specialty mods to it...well worth the small amount extra to get this already great preforming skimmer to preform like no other I have seen. I have the thing basically closed up at the lowest setting I can for air intake and water feed, and this skimmer is still pulling out a ton of crud. Easy to clean and maintain as well. Honestly in the $1500 price range there is not another skimmer I would recommend.

Hey Look....B likes it Too!

What's up? I really need to stop by and see the shop. I work up in Lowell - just up the road from you. Also, we will be moving shop further south which may make a trip to the shop do-able at lunch. Well, it's a good thing my wife is working again, cause knowing all the eye-candy you no doubt have or will be getting, it will be hard for me to resist! :p Especially with the shop so close.:eek:

I have the identical skimmer. Except when I bought mine the new needlewheel was not available. So I upgraded. I also replaced the venturi ball valve with a male hose adapter with a larger inside diameter to get more air-draw. I run my venturi wide open.

The next thing I want to do is to mod the drain hose fitting to accomodate a larger hose. The stock fitting is a little too small and must be cleaned frequently and a larger fitting /drain hose would be better in my opinion. But the skimmer is incredible for the price.

Did you get the waste collector with the electronic overflow electronic float switch? It works really well.

I am running the Reeflo Orca 250 with the complete Reef Specialty Upgrade (larger collection cup, gold dart pump, and improved needle wheel) And all I can say is WOW! This simmer really kicks some a$$. Especially with the Reef Specialty mods to it...well worth the small amount extra to get this already great preforming skimmer to preform like no other I have seen. I have the thing basically closed up at the lowest setting I can for air intake and water feed, and this skimmer is still pulling out a ton of crud. Easy to clean and maintain as well. Honestly in the $1500 price range there is not another skimmer I would recommend.

Back