Duds (again # 1)
thebigbadreefer
maxfischer
nichols41
dz6t
Rob?
penguinsix
JavaJones

It has come to the attention of the Board of Directors that TheBigBadReefer (Matt) is related to the owner of IBFishStore, the vendor he was going to use for the clams. First off, his post about the store is in violation of the UA because it is considered a commercial post due to his affilliation with the vendor.

What is worse, is that he didn't disclose his relationship with the vendor to anyone in this thread. Whether or not the clams were a good deal (they very well may have been), Matt should have been up front about it.

Matt is essentially considered a vendor from our policy perspective. Whenever a vendor is involved in a transaction such as this, there are conflicts of interest between the vendor and the participants. That's why we generally don't allow these sorts of things (vendors initiating pooled buys...). The BOD is discussing what, if any action we need to take regarding this thread.

There is a new, as yet unidentified source for the clams. Matt, please post where you are getting the clams from so that everyone knows their source.

updated:
Duds (again # 1)
thebigbadreefer
maxfischer
nichols41
dz6t
Rob?
JavaJones
Rosey
snick1734

I wanted to join the draft - but looks like it's really worth the value if you're there to pick the corals yourself...I'll have to pass

updated:
Duds (again # 1)
thebigbadreefer
maxfischer
nichols41
dz6t
Rob?
JavaJones
Rosey
snick1734
cobraz?

noooo, we are changing vendors for the clams anyway so it doesnt matter, once bigbadreefer states the vendor name then we are clear to go ahead with the order, or am i missing something, i dont think its that big of a deal so he failed to say he was part of ibfish he is just trying to get us the best deal we can get, so we dont end up spending $80 for a clam and a couple frags
Duds

Thanks Joe, I was un aware of the fact that i was considered a vendor through the BRS policy and not stating i was affiliated with ibfishstore, for that i appologize.

I contacted Ray from everythingreef and it looks like he will be getting the clams for us. So big thanks to Ray!

Last edited:
I also want to clarify that the BRS does not tell it's members from whom it can and cannot purchase. I don't want my messages to make anyone think we prohibit our members from buying items from Matt's relative's store or any other store. Our issues were never about that...

The problem was strictly around Matt being the one conducting the order and then (once clams were introduced), introducing his relative's store as a vendor. This was further complicated by Matt not sharing his relationship with the source, which was probably an oversight on his part but a pretty sensitive one for us.

I hope everyone can understand that we can't permit someone who is related to a vendor to conduct pooled orders from that vendor. That would be a pretty clear violation of our no-commercial posting policy. If we permitted that sort of thing, it would also be a convenient way to sidestep our sponsorship system, which is another concern.

Thanks Joe, I was un aware of the fact that i was considered a vendor through the BRS policy and not stating i was affiliated with ibfishstore, for that i appologize.

I contacted Ray from everythingreef and it looks like he will be getting the clams for us. So big thanks to Ray!
alright then lets get this thing going then
Duds

updated:
Duds (again # 1)
thebigbadreefer
maxfischer
nichols41
dz6t
Rob?
JavaJones
Rosey
snick1734
cobraz?
hpfusion

I know this is not going to go over very well with the folks in this thread, but I wanted to inform you that the Board of Directors has issued a temporary ban for Matt (TheBigBadReefer) due to violations of the User Agreement. At this time, the thread will remain open as several of you seem to be taking initiative to organize this draft (it isn't just Matt)...but please be aware that Matt will not be able to log into his account and receive/send PMs so if you need to contact him you will need to do so through means outside of the system.

If you have questions, concerns or comments, please private message me. Do not start a discussion of this issue in this thread or it will be closed. If you feel compelled to start a public discussion about our policies, please use the Web Committee forum. Thanks for your cooperation.

remove me from the list

Duds can you take me off the list I wont be able to make it on a sunday.

thanks just the same

Rob

Back