Getting Back

bdaley

BRS Member
After a long 5 years I am getting back into the hobby, glad to see my avatar was stored, thanks web people. I am about to pull the plug on a Waterbox Marine X 90, and wanted to know does anyone have any strong feelings, the lights will be 2x Radion XR15 G5 Blue also any strong feelings on the lights. Thanks cant wait...

trigger works, it looks like a good setup, I don't want to go as big as I had before, I just need a hobby when I can't garden out side.

I'd look at Reefbreeders in lieu of the Radions if you don't already have the lights. While Radions are good lights, you'll get more bang for the buck with Reefbreeders.

And I will be back to your house once I am ready you are down the road from work :)

You are welcome to come check out the Reefbreeders LED in action before you make a decision on lighting.

I had Reefbreeders when I broke down my systems 5 years ago, they were good but limited I felt. I am also looking at the Kessil AP9X which should be good for a 36" tank lengh, 21.5 deep.

Ok pulled the trigger on the Waterbox reef 100.3. now the waiting game starts.

Welcome back. Both lights are great options, we run both at our store. The ReefBreeders have great spread and can definitely put out some PAR, plus they come with everything you would need to mount them. The Radions however are a bit easier to program, and you get more color channels. Pro vs Blue depends on if you like your tank on the whiter side or the bluer side; I would choose Pros if you prefer SPS and like to tinker with your spectrum, and Blues if you love colorful LPS and want an easy plug-and-play light. Either way, you can't go wrong!

Welcome back. Both lights are great options, we run both at our store. The ReefBreeders have great spread and can definitely put out some PAR, plus they come with everything you would need to mount them. The Radions however are a bit easier to program, and you get more color channels. Pro vs Blue depends on if you like your tank on the whiter side or the bluer side; I would choose Pros if you prefer SPS and like to tinker with your spectrum, and Blues if you love colorful LPS and want an easy plug-and-play light. Either way, you can't go wrong!
Hey Yorgos, Glad to see that shop still the hands of someone known. I went with the Blues, as I want a stunning zoa garden unlike last time when the damn sps sucked me in.. the research show I will still be able to do some sps but I do understand they aren't a fully sps type of light.

Oh I chose the water box over the red sea because of plumbing, I remembered some issues and other said red sea has been having issues of late. So I am excited for all the shipments from BRS that will be flowing in just want to see the tank shipped. Wonder if Dong has any of my corals left from when he bought them all when I left 5 years ago had a lot of sweet zoas and some SPS.

Hey Yorgos, Glad to see that shop still the hands of someone known. I went with the Blues, as I want a stunning zoa garden unlike last time when the damn sps sucked me in.. the research show I will still be able to do some sps but I do understand they aren't a fully sps type of light.
Oh you'll definitely be able to grow SPS no problem, and with the blues you'll get some awesome colors out of them as well

Back