Getting mushrooms off rock

Pflanman

BRS Member
Hello,

My ecletus mushroom recently dropped a few babies. Does anyone have a trick getting these off the rock other than using bone cutters to cut chunks of the rock off?

Attachments

• 20240112_125137.jpg
    20240112_125137.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 33
I had a mushroom drop off the rock recently that has been there for a few months after I changed the flow a little. It was getting much more flow than it was used to so it let go. Maybe this will work.. Kind of like anemones..

I’m not sure. Maybe you could use your thumbnail and slowly edge it off?

I wish I had the trick to get them to attach to rocks!! I’ve had a beautiful pink ricordia in a container with rubble for two months. It refuses to attach. I thought I had it after three weeks. I removed the rubble it attached to and three days later it was gone. It blew around for while then I didn’t see it. Two weeks later it went floating by, a quarter of the size it was when I bought it. I scoooed it up and it has been in the rubble container for awhile now. Still not attached

Some say just slice above the foot with a razor blade and then put in a mushroom box to reattach and what’s left behind on the rock will regrow another mushroom. I recently cut a cheaper mushroom in half for an experiment it worked beautifully. Well minus my mushroom box failing to contain them and they drifted to the back of the tank where they healed and I found them a month later but it worked lol.

Place a flat plate or bed of crushed live rocks under the babies. They can eventually move onto new surface

Back