Glasscages?

I had them custom make my tank.

4' x 2' x 2', with both long sides of low-iron glass, dual overflows on the short ends, and eurobracing around the top.

I picked it up from a NH show they did last year, super fast time frame, great price, and it is built like a brickhouse.

Edges all looked fine to me.

My next tank will be from them again without a doubt.

Lots of mixed opinon with glass cages. If you havn't seen it yet

[LINK REMOVED: Linking does not constitute a direct personal experience]

Last edited by a moderator:
My 115G tank is from Glasscages and other then overflow design, i am pretty happy with them. I ordered when they came here for MACNA.

I have a glasscages 150. I haven't had any trouble with it. It's actually my second tank (we broke the first one trying to get it into the house, a suction cup let loose). They rushed a replacement tank for me which was nice.
It is built like a tank but I would like it if it had some fingers on the overflows (my mandarins like to go in the overflow). I think if you are stuck on having a gorgeous tank and are worried about the corners being perfect then it might not be the tank for you but they are priced well.

-Jeremy

I considered them for my monster 400 G tank. I wanted to use low iron glass. As I recall however, when I spoke with them they wanted to use 1/2" low iron glass. They described how they would design the tank with the dimentions I wanted using 1/2" glass. They wanted to use a bunch of large braces across the top. I really didn't want that. Turns out they just don't like to mess (at least at the time ~16 month ago) with low iron glass above 1/2" (true for many large aquarium manu). They were kind of mean as I recall when I questioned why they couldn't use 3/4".

They are certainly a bargin, but I was also a bit worried....no VERY worried about their very short warrantee on their tanks. I'm not going to state here, because I cannot recall exactly now...but it was SHORT.

I bought my acrylic sump from them when they were making a stop at a reptile show at Salem, NH. It isn't anything I would ever use as my display tank but functioned fine as a sump for a year or so. It's been leaking slowly as of late though. It's not made out of any high quality acrylic, you get what you pay for!

I have two glass cage tanks and what I can say is that it is a shame that they could even sold such a crapy worksmanship.

The glass one has terrible, I mean really really terrible cuts of the glass panels. If you don't believe me, come over and take a look.

The acrylic tank also very poorly build. It looks like a home made one.

The good side? If you want something that is not standard size and shape, your choice is limited.

But I got them for great deal and I am happy.

Last edited:
I used to own that tank dong is talking about. it really is that bad! the glass cuts where very sloppy, and one side looks like the entire corner broke off, it was rounded over. it was inexpencive for such an odd size, but not what I would consider show quality.

I have purchased another tank from them about a year or 2 ago and it was much better, but still not perfect. the trim is very crappy and I don't even really know why they use trim on a euro braced tank unless to hide sloppy silicone work, which wouldn't surprize me a bit.

nitrofish said:
I used to own that tank dong is talking about. it really is that bad! the glass cuts where very sloppy, and one side looks like the entire corner broke off, it was rounded over. it was inexpencive for such an odd size, but not what I would consider show quality.

I have purchased another tank from them about a year or 2 ago and it was much better, but still not perfect. the trim is very crappy and I don't even really know why they use trim on a euro braced tank unless to hide sloppy silicone work, which wouldn't surprize me a bit.

Can you post pics? I might need to buy one in the future. It all depends on how things go for me. I would like to know what I can expect from them as far as quality goes.

My tank from them is just over a year old. Maybe they have just gotten better with time. Either way, anyone is welcome to stop by my house in Haverhill to see my tank first hand.

Don't know if this post belongs here, since it's a question rather than experience with them. I'm looking for a 6' long, <20" high tank (see WTB thread in Equipment) and GlassCages has a couple that fit the bill. Apart from the leaky acrylic sump, the other complaints seem to be cosmetic. The tank will be set in the wall with wood trim around the edges, so you won't see the tank corners. Any additional advice on whether to use them would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

Back