Glasscages.com

jefstathiou

Non-member
I am thinking about buying a new tank from galsscages.com and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and their products. Good? Bad?

I would do a search on here for glasscages. Lots of threads come up. Just looking through the thread titles I saw quite a few looking for opinions. That said I have one and they can be hit or miss on the visual build quality. I knew this ahead of time and my tank was going to be inwall so I could hide all the silicone seams if needed.

I have a 120 from them and pleased with the overall quality...built like a...yeah...tank ;)! Very heavy duty,silicone is fine edges are o.k.

I love mine. It is also built like a tank. People often talk of the visual appeal of the silicone job that GC does. It seems fine to me. Maybe it could be more perfect. I dunno.

I figure if people are looking at my reef and the silicone caulking is the most interesting thing to them, then I have bigger problems.

But anyhow, from past experience, I can give you a preview of how this thread will go:

-A handful of people that have GC tanks and like them.
-A whole bunch of people who have never actually dealt with GC but nonetheless will tell you to stay away from them.
-Maybe one person who actually had a bad experience?

I love mine. It is also built like a tank. People often talk of the visual appeal of the silicone job that GC does. It seems fine to me. Maybe it could be more perfect. I dunno.

I figure if people are looking at my reef and the silicone caulking is the most interesting thing to them, then I have bigger problems.

But anyhow, from past experience, I can give you a preview of how this thread will go:

-A handful of people that have GC tanks and like them.
-A whole bunch of people who have never actually dealt with GC but nonetheless will tell you to stay away from them.
-Maybe one person who actually had a bad experience?

Funny, thats what I was thinking when I read the title. I have never bought anything from them, but looked into it awhile back. If I was going to get one I wouldnt mind going thru them. I think for the price the tanks are a good deal. They have been in business for awhile, so must be doing something right.

I have a 65 gallon long from them and have no complaints. The delivery is also cheaper if you can wait for their truck to deliver in the area.

The one I have has pretty messy silicone, not the best looking seems. I also know of one person that ordered a custom tank from them with the 3 sides starfire. They made one of the wrong sides starfire and drilled one of those instead of the back for the plumbing. He had a hard time getting that straightened out.

Back