Reef Deal going out of business sale in ri

Stopped by to see what he had and some interesting stuff. Saw a few members today also

Wished I could have stayed longer to talk, but my daughter was in a hurry. I rarely get to talk about reefing with anyone in the hobby. Next time I go alone. lol Did you manage to buy anything good? I picked up some Purigen (thanks to Don) and some test kits. Some of those tanks were pretty impressive even though they were empty. I wonder how he's going to get them out of there?

I think he's planning to have the sale tomorrow and next weekend too if it doesn't all sell this week. The tanks were acrylic and looked custom built. The smaller ones were reasonably priced, never asked about the two really big ones. I think the ad said one was around 700 gallons. It looked like something you would see on that tv show, tanked. I can't imagine having to make the saltwater to fill it.

Wished I could have stayed longer to talk, but my daughter was in a hurry. I rarely get to talk about reefing with anyone in the hobby. Next time I go alone. lol Did you manage to buy anything good? I picked up some Purigen (thanks to Don) and some test kits. Some of those tanks were pretty impressive even though they were empty. I wonder how he's going to get them out of there?

I was looking at a few things, I just did not like that all the tanks were scuffed to a degree. I liked the designs but some of markings were rough, also that huge tank in the middle was insane. I have been trying to figure out how the heck you would even lift that thing. Interesting tanks and equipment and priced to sell. 500 gallon acrylic with stand for $500 cant beat that price.

I think the ones he had there were the display tanks so they may not be all that new, but I'm sure they hold water. Don (in mass) talked to him quite extensively. He might know more about what's going to happen now. Maybe next weekend things will be even less expensive. I probably would have bought more, but nothing was priced, and I felt bad interrupting him all the time to ask for prices. What I did buy was really cheap though.

Yeah I spoke to him detail after Don did. They will be doing sale through monday, if all is not sold then next weekend they will do another. I will wait, Im patient for what I want and if sells then oh well

The prices are great on tanks he wants everything gone buy Nov 6th i would give him a call. everyone talked to that picked up stuff said it was well worth it

I was there again today. He has sold a few of the tanks. The 750 gallon is still there. All the coral in the "coral room" was sold to the company that is planning to set up the huge ocean science center in Providence. He said there is still stuff in the basement that he has not brought upstairs yet, but he couldn't remember exactly what. I'm going back again next weekend since I'm so close by.

Don, I had no idea what a great deal we got on that Purigen. He remembered that I bought a jar. He looks up all the sizes and prices now and sells for half price. I almost feel guilty, but I just happened to be at the right place at the right time, which was right next to you. lol

Back