Good news and bad news for me

Armando

v 4.0
The good news is that my blue stag that used to be a little brownish looks today bluer than blue. So beautiful check it out:

blueacro.jpg

The bad news is that the reason why it is so blue is because it is in shock after I remove its rock from the tank for 1 minute to remove a BTA. So it's losing its tissue and dying :(

Thats was from Pat at SPS frags huh? I got a frag of that stag from him before he broke his system down.

No actually the one from Pat is in another tank. This one I don't remember where it came from, I think from blowfish but not sure. That's strange that the skeleton is blue. Or perhaps there's a bit of remaining tissue.

Would the news that your reactor is 99 percent done make you feel any better?
Had a case of insomnia last night so I went to town, just have to do a little more work and it's done. This thing is a bohemeth, hope you own stock in the compant that make A.R.M.........

Bummer Armando. How'd the anemone "fragging" go?

I've recently done some research on the color of coral skeletons :rolleyes:, and I found that while almost everything has a white skeleton, purple digi has a purple skeleton, and tricolor acro has a purple-tipped skeleton. I wouldn't suggest doing as comprehensive a census as I did. :eek:

Nate

Nate i've decided to not frag the anemone and for now he's sitting on the refugium until i get the new tank setup.

Unfortunately my sliver of hope is starting to peel away this morning along with the stag's blue tissue. Two neighboor corals are also dying.

This month I lost 5 acros, 2 clams, 1 fish and 1 urchin. Sux.

To my knowledge, only the blue ridge coral (Heliopora coerulea, actually classified as a soft coral) has a blue skeleton. Some corals even after they are dead can have some color, but once the tissue is dissolved away by bleach, or bacteria (if the skeleton is in the water) then the skeleton should look white.

Back