Returned from vacation: good news, bad news

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
I've been out of town for a week.
The kid next door fed the fish and supplemented while I was away. He did a good job.
Two surprises...
First the bad news:
Skimmer wasn't working at all. Opened the Sedra pump and found the ceramic rod inside has broken. I have a Sedra 9000 as a standby, but it'll need output adapting to fit the skimmer intake elbow. No idea how long ago it broke, but the tank does show some algae growth.
If I get the 9000 going, I should see improved skimming.

Good news: my pink tail trigger found my frag of Millepora I bought from Jeremy many moons ago. It dropped through the rock work back in July and has not been seen. I gave it up for lost. The trigger found it and dragged it out front. To my surprise there are good polyps in a small area. I've still got a decent chance with this very cool coral. :D

Moe, if you end up needing a pump,I have quite a few spares. What pump are you running now?

The Sedra 9000 is working well.
I had to use a bunch of teflon tape around the output nozzle to get the skimmer's input elbow to fit.
It was a little taller than the old smaller Sedra, so I had to give the skimmer a boost.
Had the needle wheel done to the 9000 as well many moons ago at Gustavo's. It's skimming the heck outta the water now. I like it.

Back