Good place to get a mogul socket?

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
It's been a while since I asked a question. ;)

I bought a dual PFO ballast today (thanks Ted). It came with 1 mogul socket and the cords. I'm in need of a second (and cords). It's a 250 watt mogul/ballast.

Where's a good place to buy this item?
I'm not in a big rush - lots to do before I gotta worry about light.

Thanks!

I bet you could get one at Dadarrio electric on 85 in marlboro. They have a great parts counter in the back.

Most any electrical supply house should be able to help you.

Jeff...I just realized where your sig came from. :)

Greg Hiller said:
Moe,

I believe I have an extra for you.
Excellent! :D
I can swing by your house, Greg, or we can do the deal at the Nov. meeting. Whichever - as noted, I'm not in a hurry... yet. ;)
Thanks!

speaking of which...does anyone know of any potting matterial that is non conductive and non flamable that you can spray into areas that have wiring to seal them up and protect the connectors.

"potting material"?

Not sure what you mean, I guess it's something I haven't heard of.

You can use "liquid electrical tape" available at HD or boat stores. It paints on to seal stuff up pretty good with a thick rubbery coating.

potting material is about the same thing but can fill a larger area...example if you make a conduit that contains your electrical slices, ground and or power distribution points, after they are wired you can fill them with this materal and it will create basically a solid gel that surrounds everything...so very easily could be the same thing, just need larger amounts.

Back