Had my first Disaster! Pissed!

Eh, I think I see the problem. I am only running a Mag3, which is 350 GPH. Should I swap for a bigger one?

That's 350 GPH at probably 0 head pressure.
Yup,if you get a larger pump I'll bet you overflow problems will disappear.But then you'll have microbubbles.lol
But that can be fixed.......:.

That's 350 GPH at probably 0 head pressure.
Yup,if you get a larger pump I'll bet you overflow problems will disappear.But then you'll have microbubbles.lol
But that can be fixed.......:.

Lol sounds about right with the head pressure. I'll go pick up a larger pump tomorrow at Skiptons.

I've also had a bad experience with an over flow but it was due to an experiment I wanted to test out but back fired. It did however lead to another idea as a preventative measure. I rigged a float valve in a pill bottle to the rim of my display tank and wired it up to a smoke detector. If the water begins to rise to a certain height the smoke detector will sound off. I had to modify the pizeo so I won't panic thinking the house was on fire. It'll still sound off if it detects smoke around my tank. It has gone off when I've added to many bags to acclimate water temp but shuts off when the overflow is in the sump.

Dude you do some really cool stuff with common household gadgets!

I'm always impressed with your DIY skills.

Lol sounds about right with the head pressure. I'll go pick up a larger pump tomorrow at Skiptons.

Cool,let us know how you make out.
You should see that big ole bubble just wash right out of that tube and whatever bubbles form go right through there without gathering.

Back