Happy, Healthy Brothel... I mean tank...

Lil Shark

Theres a girl in my glass
So in the 350 I have regularly breeding clowns. 1pm every Wednesday. You could set a watch by that girl.

My mandarin pair is starting to do their little circle dance pretty routinely in the same place nightly. I think the male is still a little small/young but he is definitely trying to get the females attention.

And my threadfin Cardinals aren't too regular but I seem to be getting egg batches every other month or so. For some reason my Bartlet's Anthias has adopted them as his harem so he gets in the way a lot.

My question to you guys is since there is absolutely no way of ever collecting the eggs out of a tank this large, do you think placing filter socks in the over flows would be a good idea? Maybe I can catch something and then raise it in the breeding lab across campus.

Yes? No? I just have no idea.

I tried the larva catcher.. I found it to be useless... either it kills them or it doesn't catch them.. at least with the gobies we have who's fry are about 1/3 the size of clowns. The clowns lay on tiles for us, most of the time if you can get a tile in where they are laying eggs they'll adopt it.

Back