Has anyone ordered a custom tank from glasscages.com

I think Shoeib has. I saw it and didn't think very highly of it. The silicone was quite sloppy, and the overflow placement was just...weird. Overall I do hear that the tanks are very inexpensive though, so I guess it depends upon what you are looking for.

We didn't get a custom tank, but we got their pre-built 60 gallon cube (+stand & canopy) from them. Very sturdy tank, a little sloppy with the silicone and trim, but definitly worth every penny.

We picked up in White Plains. Very easy.

What are you thiking of getting?

I got 2, one 3 years ago and one last year. the old one was a piece of junk, corners where rounded over in spots, glass was crooked, silicone was a mess.

the newer one was much better, but trim was flimsy, other than that it was way nicer.

I'm thinking of getting the 30"x18"x25" because that's the dimensions of my current tank a Perfecto and think it can not be drilled due to tempered glass(waiting a official word on that). Since I could not find anyone who manufacture's that size I thought about custom, plus I want a built in overflow as I have been scared away from the hang on.

I was planning on getting an acrylic tank from them for a sump, because I had a hard time finding one to fit under a 55 aga stand, I got a quote for a 36x8x16 for $100 plus $30 shipping. Much cheaper than anything else I tried to find. I'm just waiting for the funds to come in. :D

I got a custom 48" by 24" by 26" with low-iron glass on the long sides and dual overflows on the short ends. Came out exactly as I described to them. Tank is built like a brick house (I have eurobracing on it). I picked it up from them when they came to NH for a reptile show. Will buy my next tank from them.

Reef55,

Did you tell them where you wanted the overflows and did you have them drill for a closed loop?

Back