Has anyone seen this before?

I've never seen my xenia expel waste, but other corals that have brown stringy stuff come out when they do. Does it look normal other than the stuff coming from it, or does it look like it's dying?

I've only seen Xenia emit smokey/stringy material when they were physically damaged or cut into. Perhaps a crab or fish has been nipping at them?

It isn't pulsing at all it does look dying kinda. I'm sorry I'm new so this is hard for me to identify. Ever since I got it like five days ago it never pulsed. It fell off of the piece of frag twice so I had to restick the tooth pick through it twice.

If it is falling off the frag after five days, something is wrong. What are your parameters? Alk in particular.
Xenia reattaches itself a day or two after being cut. Unless it is a very large piece, do not worry about it hurting your other corals even if it is dying.
I have plenty if you need more. Start with your parameters. I find my Xenia is the first to show stress with alk swings.

If it is falling off the frag after five days, something is wrong. What are your parameters? Alk in particular.
Xenia reattaches itself a day or two after being cut. Unless it is a very large piece, do not worry about it hurting your other corals even if it is dying.
I have plenty if you need more. Start with your parameters. I find my Xenia is the first to show stress with alk swings.

Oh ok I'll test that. And yeah if it's dead I would love to buy some from u cuz I just think it's pretty when it pulses.

Back