Help! Black tang got Ick!

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
I tried to wipe it off. But it won’t come off. Suggestion?
06549C77-9B3D-457B-8E35-57E1C6AAD60A.jpeg

Oh my! poor thing... maybe i can provide a free of cost long term quarantine in my reef tank!

BTW, that is not a black tang.
A black tang has black tail fin and longer nose, it looks like a Gem tang.

You can keep the fish, but i'd gladly take the bk 300 off your hands. I don't have enough real estate for even a mini that would be close to volume.:(

You can keep the fish, but i'd gladly take the bk 300 off your hands. I don't have enough real estate for even a mini that would be close to volume.:(

Make every effort to get the skimmer you want in the set up. Spend the money on a good skimmer so you won’t ask yourself if that’s the best you can do. Skimmer is one of the most common upgrade people do because they didn’t get an adequate one.

Make every effort to get the skimmer you want in the set up. Spend the money on a good skimmer so you won’t ask yourself if that’s the best you can do. Skimmer is one of the most common upgrade people do because they didn’t get an adequate one.
All the space I have to work with unless I run remote.
Skimmer Section: 10″ x 14″
Center/Refugium Section: 10.25″ x 14.5″
I could possible fit the Deluxe 200 and run the pump in another section

Although I love my refugium(for now, I don’t know how long it’ll live), the skimmer should be your main filtration. Again, I would make EVERY effort to fit the skimmer you want in there.
Are you talking about an externally pumped skimmer?

So my sump goes skimmer then fuge section with baffle in between. Not really a fan of fuge's so i could always snake the pump with a little bit longer piece of silicone between the pump and skimmer body. Sorry for the hijack.

Last edited:
Nope. No hijack. The thread was never serious.
If the sump is acrylic, just drill a hole in the baffle and insert the silicone tube through it. Should be okay.
A fuge after a skimmer is also a challenge to keep the macros alive and kind of defeats the purpose. If I’m stuck with a linear sump, I would like the fuge before the skimmer. But this also can give the skimmer some heartache because it got less to skim.

Back