HELP!!FISH disappearing!!!!!

ajkuz

Non-member
I have now had 3 fish disappear with no sign of the fish at all no remains, no nothing! I have a Red Sea max 250. The fish that are missing are a yellow tang, a starry blenny and a banggai cardinal. I have a leaf scorpionfish in the tank but he has an extremely small mouth so I don't think he is the culprit. I also have a small snowflake eel who is only about 6 inches and he couldn't have pulled it off. I've checked all of filter compartments in the back of the tank and saw nothing. Flame angel told me to check for any live rock hitchhikers that could have done it but there was nothing. Anybody have any thoughts on it?

How big is the scorpionfish? They can fit a surprisingly big meal...

Do you have a big CUC and/or a lot of rock to have a body stuck in? Sometimes if the fish dies the CUC gets to the remains so there isn't much of anything to find.

The leaf scorpionfish is about 2 1/2 inches. But since he is do thin I think I would have noticed a lump in his stomach. Today I'll try to see it there is anything lodged in the rocks.

I'm betting on the scorpionfish. Typically those fish are kept in specimen tanks because of their eating habits (i.e. everything).

Joe

I'm trying to post pictures of the scorpionfish but it says the file is to big. Just pm me and I'll show you pictures. It's just the fact that he is so thin hence the name leaf scorpionfish. I would think I would notice a lump in his abdomen.

Back