HELP!!! FREAKING OUT on zoa eating nudi

uhupong

BRS Member
Arrrr.. lately my zoa are closed and gone one by one. Found these guys today and decide to do some RX dip.

Question - what do I do with those nudis that are still in the tank?

Im freaking out right now coz my melanarus wrasse doesnt do a damn thing.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368472967198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368472967198.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 255
Wow, you need to continuously dip the corals and with that many there are probably eggs in there. May want to think about a separate QT tank for them for a while.

not cool, so many.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368473543730.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368473543730.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 263
does 'flat worm exit' really work? anyone with direct exp with it ?

Can't say if it works with nudis, but I had some flatworms in my old tank and between spot killing them and a couple doses of FWE I got rid of them before they became a major headache.

I have a coris and a mystery wrasse in my 120 and no issues.......its the tang that they fight with

I also have a melanarus wrass in there too.they don't fight at all

really ? NICE! I always want to add yellow fish into my 120G tank.

Where did you guys get yours from ?Is it a pretty common wrasse to find and what is a price range for it ?

I don't have experience with using FWE in treating nudibranchs but have read that it does kill them. Just another option if the wrasses don't work but please make sure to treat all incoming corals and quarantine if possible.

FWE does work on them, but you also need to pull out as many as possible. You need to do at least a double dose if I recall correctly, and two or three treatments also to kill of newly hatched nudis. They suck! I did three treatments, one week apart each, with manual removal of any that I could find and have not had an issue with zoas for over 6 months.

Back