help with hair algae and it taking over/hurting corals

how can you tell the difference between bryopsis and HA? I have been having the same problem as described above for a few months now.

take picture of it to identify the type of algea. there are different treatments. It sounds like youre doing A LoT in that tank to combat HA...maybe your corals are stressed from the GFO, Algea ridX, Biopellets...etc. I know when I treated my dads tank with biopelets for his HA the corals did suffer tissue recession but thats my experience with them. BTW they did the trick and in a few mths the tank had no HA after being overrun with it. Is there a way to relocate the corals to a holding tank, then treat the current 90g tank for your HA or briopsis, then return the corals. Even a small tank would give you a chance to nurse the corals back to health with good water quality and spot feeding.

Hmmm not sure my fiancé works the rodi, but he constantly checks the tds output, I can't, as all my tanks are pipped in together...

Just checked the tests, 0 ppm for both nitrates and phosphates.... And I still see hair algae growth.... Picked up a sea hare, a bunch of turbos, figured the loss of some zoo frags due to the ferocity of the turbos was a fair trade.. Hope this works......

Back