Help with skimmer

Moose

Non-member
Hey, I can't seem to remember what brand skimmer this is and I need to look them up as its over skimming the water and removing clear water for the past week, ... I'm trying to upload the pictures but for now it's clear and gray with a grey collection cup cover that has what looks like a Celtic symbol on the top..

There's usually some kind of valve via the pipes that adjust the amount of air into the skimmer. More air=more dryer skimmate. A closed valved is an overflowing skimmer.

I completely removed the pipe to allow all air access and its still over flowing clear, its been running for a while and it was shut down for two days while chemiclean was used, then a 40% water change done and turned it back on.. removed over 10 gallons of skim mate (mostly clear) and at this point I'm thinking something is messed up with the way the skimmer is adjusted I just can't seem to figure it out.. plus can't seem to get the pictures loaded on here

How's the water level, you could try and raise the skimmer up 4-5" if the water will still be covering the pump that should slow it down a bit

skimmer .JPG

I've adjusted it to closed, and now have a air reduce valve on the the air line, its helping, I will let me skim that way and dump a few more times and hopefully can work slowly to opening the air valve completely then removing it..

I've adjusted it to closed, and now have a air reduce valve on the the air line, its helping, I will let me skim that way and dump a few more times and hopefully can work slowly to opening the air valve completely then removing it..

You should open the gate valve all the way to let the water level drop, then gradually adjust from there. usually when adjusting skimmers you need to start with the water / foam level seeming way too low in the skimmer body, then it builds a foam head over days.

Water level looks pretty high to me try raising the actual skimmer so that the skimmer itself is raised out of the water a bit

Might still have something to do with using chemiclean. I know it took 2 30 gal water changes in my 125 to get it back running right..

Is it brand new? I bought a curve 7 and it took two weeks of running at the lowest possible water level to break in. Now it's great. I used layers of egg crate to raise it up. And just had to let it run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use carbon to absorb the residue of chemiclean. Water change can not remove all chemiclean away.

Back