Help with unhappy mushrooms

Hannahhh

Non-member
I would love some advice regarding my two eclectus mushrooms. I moved my tank in August, and since then, these two mushrooms have been unhappy. They are both quite pale, and the larger one is shriveled up and much smaller than it use to be. Neither seems to be actively dying, since it’s been going on a few months, but they’re definitely not thriving. Every other coral in my tank is doing great, including a wide variety of other mushroom types. I have tried moving the eclectus mushrooms to different locations with different amounts of flow and lighting, but nothing really seems to be working. Are there pests or illnesses that specifically target one strain of mushroom? Even my candy crush mushrooms are looking fantastic. It’s just these two eclectus.

Attachments

• IMG_6240.jpeg
    IMG_6240.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6241.jpeg
    IMG_6241.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 93
I would love some advice regarding my two eclectus mushrooms. I moved my tank in August, and since then, these two mushrooms have been unhappy. They are both quite pale, and the larger one is shriveled up and much smaller than it use to be. Neither seems to be actively dying, since it’s been going on a few months, but they’re definitely not thriving. Every other coral in my tank is doing great, including a wide variety of other mushroom types. I have tried moving the eclectus mushrooms to different locations with different amounts of flow and lighting, but nothing really seems to be working. Are there pests or illnesses that specifically target one strain of mushroom? Even my candy crush mushrooms are looking fantastic. It’s just these two eclectus.

Let me know when you want to sale a baby candy crush mushroom. I’ll be 100 interested

Gave it some time

Have you tried dipping just to be safe? What are your tank parameters? I've always had my best luck with mushrooms in "dirty" tanks, same with zoanthids.

Have you tried dipping just to be safe? What are your tank parameters? I've always had my best luck with mushrooms in "dirty" tanks, same with zoanthids.
I haven’t dipped them, since I haven’t added anything new, but that’s a good idea. Any recommendations for a good dip?

First Pic the nem is probably stringing it from the close proximity. What are your parameters? What do you use for flow? Where are those pumps placed according to the shrooms

First Pic the nem is probably stringing it from the close proximity. What are your parameters? What do you use for flow? Where are those pumps placed according to the shrooms
If i'm being honest, I don't really check my parameters aside from salinity anymore. But all of my other mushrooms and corals are doing very well. I don't have anything particularly finicky. I could try moving the mushroom away from the RFA, but it was unhappy in another location as well. Also the angle of the photo makes it look very close to the RFA, it's near it, but they don't touch. It's not dying, it's just been very unhappy for a few months.

I would say it's in a low-medium flow area.

Back