Hiding RBTA

Dp11

Non-member
Does anyone have any ideas why just recently my RBTA is moving all around and hiding behind the rock in the back of he tank most of the time?

How long have you had it? Sometimes they wander for a while before settling in.

If you have any powerheads in the tank you might want to cover the intakes with sponge filters or something, nems on the roam often end up chewed up in pumps.... :(

We have had it for about 8 months, at first it found a spot that it stayed there up untill a month ago then it started moving around and it only started hiding a few days ago and we haven't moved powerheads at all

I have 5 rose bubble and 2 green bubble anenomes and some times they get up and move for seemingly no reason. Last month 1 disappeared into the rocks in the back of my 180. I thought he was dead and gone. 3 days ago he showed up in the top of my live rock looking great. I had one of my first ones do it and I moved stuff and "rescued him". The next day he split 3 days later they both turned into a puddle of goo. They will move about and find a happy place just do what you have control over, make sure the water temp and quality is good. He will find the light and reappear.

Back