High Calcium Level

joefish

Non-member
Can a high calcium level like around 700 ''Yes''..700:eek: I'm thinking i put to much in. Can it make any problems in a tank,:confused: because my zoo's have not been opening up lately

Thanks for looking::

I would just let in come down slowly and monitor your other parameters.

IIRC, a rise in pH with that high of calcium would cause calcium precipitate in the tank.

1) Stop adding Ca
2) Don't add Ca for your water change water
3) Do more water changes
4) it will come down on it's own, but
5) watch Alk and Mg carefully

How confident are you of those test results / how old are your kits / what brand(s)?

Just asking, just in case :)

haha I thought my 500 was a little high... no more calcium dosing for you kids!

Just do some water changes and let it come down slowly. the danger here is that you are either going to cause a precipitation "snowstorm" in the tank or you are going to make your alkalinity crash. Watch the alk and mag as well as the CA. Make changes slowly...

Slow down. This may be test error. Double check needed :)

How are your corals looking?

Slow down. This may be test error. Double check needed :)

How are your corals looking?

I didnt beleive my self either so I went to tropic isle and ca is at 1150 ::
corals arnt looking good. Green cap is bleaching so are most of the other sps corals
i haven't dosed ca in a week ? thats why im confused? I have been dosing mag and alc.

Last edited:
I didnt beleive my self either so I went to tropic isle and ca is at 1150 ::
corals arnt looking good. Green cap is bleaching so are most of the other sps corals

Were you dosing anything?
How can it be that high without a snow storm in the tank?

be careful. there are few faster ways to kill your tank than wild swings in chemistry

Just 2 5 gallon water changes a day one when i wake up, and one at 7 pm

you would have a snowstorm of Ca if it were that high. 700 is possible, 1150, probably not.

no snowstorm?

1150 wow I don't even think my kit reads that high even if I split up My results and added them together. That's crazy

Back