High pressure to rodi

johntan

Non-member
Hi all, so I recently sold my home and now live in a condo. When I went to hook up my RODI all was well, however overnight the hoses I bought to go from the washer to the rodi unit was clearly bulging and a small drip had formed.
Thought it was a fluke, bought another hose rated for 125 psi, same deal failed in less than a day.

Basically I need a pressure regulator that I can use at the washer hookup (3/4") since I can't turn the pressure down for the entire complex. Anyone with a similar issue have a suggestion?

If you use this with the same tubing you will run into the same problem between the water source and the pressure regulator. McMaster offers high pressure tubing that you should be able to use check out 1/4 inch OD nylon I didn't but it may work. When looking at pressure ratings be sure you are looking at 1/4 inch OD, ratings vary with diameter.

Jim

A second option would be to change the inlet regulator fitting to 1/4 inch compression and use copper tube on the regulator input (high pressure side).

Jim

Shoot. I'm Going to have to get a little more creative, I want to keep the functionality of the washer too so I'll probably have to split the line and then introduce some sort of regulator

Your washing machine is likely just a hose fitting you can get a hose "Y' at your local hardware and the hose to 1/4 inch as well. BTW I checked 1/4 nylon tube at McMaster they have some rated over 400 PSI (plenty high), if you go to McMaster for the regulator they have all the fittings you will need.

Jim

If you get a splitter like this you can keep your washer hookup and dial back the pressure if it's too much for the line.
I use this plus a compression fitting to 1/4 from Home Depot. Been working for years now.

31Hv1ZQgYUL.jpg

FWIW, I used the same adapter above but was unsuccessful. Purchased higher rated hose and all was well for 18 months. Last week, I had a canister crack all along the side and start spewing water all over my bathroom.

I moved the setup and tapped into another water line. Pressure went from 88 down to 72.

Good luck !

FWIW, I used the same adapter above but was unsuccessful. Purchased higher rated hose and all was well for 18 months. Last week, I had a canister crack all along the side and start spewing water all over my bathroom.

I moved the setup and tapped into another water line. Pressure went from 88 down to 72.

Good luck !

My pressure runs in the mid 80's also, like you I had a canister crack made a mess in my basement glad it was down stairs.

Jim

Back