Hole in my clam

stang8s

Cyber P
I noticed a small hole today on the edge of my deresa. Is this a bad thing or just something that happens as they grow??
hole.jpg

Do you have anything in the tank that might have picked at it?
I have a clam that was in Scott Merrill's tank and it had 2 holes in it from a purple tang picking at it.
My yellow tang will pick at a clam once and a while but has not done any damage, my CBB has also picked a couple of times and that worries me

never seen that, is there any parasites that eat at clams? Ill have to watch this thread and learn what others have seen, since i just added a clam.

Look for Pyramid Snails. I had them and they did eat a hole in my maxima. They are very small and have a spiral \ pyramid shape to them, look like a grain of rice. You will usually see them if you look close, usually on the shell where the mantle overhangs.

Also, make sure nothing that stings touches the mantle.

deffinately check for Pyramid Snails.

-B-

I found no snails but there was a mojano anemone on the side of the shell not too far under that area. Could it have done it? I dont think its from a fish nipping since the edge is not broken. I think a fish would nip from the edge.

Back