Homemade Live rock

Yariel0527

Non-member
So there are all these website about how to make your own homemade live rock. after the cement and everything is dried what do i have to do, i can put them in my aquarium it's a new tank there's no life at all on it just the saltwater mix and some powerheads. the tank been runnig like that for just one week....

I believe you have to soak the rock until the pH stabilizes in the cement.

i have it on a separate container with tap water and some powerheads but i was tinking if it could cure them at the same time that i cycle the tank.

Taken from garf.org:

"When all of your rocks are complete then it is time for them to be cured. Leroy Headlee recommends putting the rocks into a kiddy pool or another container that will hold all of your rock and enough water to cover them. In the kiddy pool you can run a garden hose to the pool and poke an exit hole to water any thing else in your yard. We recommend water change daily or as much as possible (the more the better) for six to eight weeks. If you do not cure the rock it will mess-up the pH levels in your tank, which can be detrimental to the life in your reef. "

Taken from garf.org:

"When all of your rocks are complete then it is time for them to be cured. Leroy Headlee recommends putting the rocks into a kiddy pool or another container that will hold all of your rock and enough water to cover them. In the kiddy pool you can run a garden hose to the pool and poke an exit hole to water any thing else in your yard. We recommend water change daily or as much as possible (the more the better) for six to eight weeks. If you do not cure the rock it will mess-up the pH levels in your tank, which can be detrimental to the life in your reef. "

damn that would be a waste of water lol...

damn that would be a waste of water lol...

Taken from garf.org:

I wouldn't say a complete waste :)

i been doing water changes 2 times a day from day one, the rock it's been curing for 3 days now but i will let it sit for 8 or more weeks to make sure it doesn't mess up my tank.

Back