Hosting Question

bostontim

Reefing ain't Easy
I think its about to happen!!!

Ater months of no interest in the anenome my female false perc is hovering over the Bta. She is sticking her head at the tips and then swimming up and back again. Am I right to be excited??? Is this behavior of a clown about to host???

Possibly, hard to say. I would wait until she is fully hosting to get to excited. two of my clowns did that for a day or two then jumped in and never came out so good luck!

Yea, it's like watching water boil or grass grow. If you ignore it long enough it will happen, if you watch it will seem to take forever.

IIRC, my percs sort of did that before moving into RBTA's, but they did it on and off for a while.

Try squirting some mysis into the BTA and see if the clowns follow it in. They might steal some of the food, but they might also suddenly feel right at home. (this is not an experience based suggestion, just a sudden thought, but maybe something to try?)

Yea, it's like watching water boil or grass grow. If you ignore it long enough it will happen, if you watch it will seem to take forever.

IIRC, my percs sort of did that before moving into RBTA's, but they did it on and off for a while.

Try squirting some mysis into the BTA and see if the clowns follow it in. They might steal some of the food, but they might also suddenly feel right at home. (this is not an experience based suggestion, just a sudden thought, but maybe something to try?)

Im torn now. I actually am picking up a nano for these clowns and getting a pair of maroons next week. I would be feel bad if they now decided to hos since i will be moving them but it is so exciting!! I thought about the food thing too. I have read all sorts of articles on ways to get the clowns to host and I tried one thing where u post a pic of a clown hosting and tape it to the glass. I know it seems stupid but in 4 days the female is curious!!

Back