how do i get my skimmer to stop overflowing

acrofragger

Non-member
i got a reefdynamics 80 skimmer at jays yesterday ,and my question is .................how do i get it to stop overflowing ?
i know its only been 1 day that ive had it does it need more time to brake in ?

idk any help would be helpful ,tia

ok i will try ...thank you

i just put the lil valve to draw more air ...........dont see a difference i will wait and see ......also i forgot to rinse the filter sock could that be the problem i heard they make skimmers go crazy

Last edited:
open the drain all the way until it is broken in or raise it higher out of the water. It should say the preferred water depth on the paperwork that they come with.

i think it is 6 inches for euroreef skimmer. It takes about a month to break in, at least on mine.

Pong

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

after then it is awesome. However watch out when use any prosphate pad as it makes the skimmer go crazy and easily overflow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

We have the reef dynamics 150; ours took a while to "stop overflowing" but it has been creating good skimmate since the minute we plugged it in. So while it was breaking in, we just had to clean it a lot more often so the "crap" didn't flow back into the system.

Make sure the depth of the water is right as per the manual, and as others suggested, let max air come in if you are having overflow problems.

You can "slowly" close it to get to the sweet spot overtime.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

i plugged in the ( air control valve ) acv and it did lower the bubbles so it stopped overflowing ,now my question is, do i want to use the acv or the intake for bubble production ?. i am lead to believe the intake produces more bubbles than the control valve

Mine was constatly overflowing and making a stink and sending crap back into my system when I would forget to change the collection cup. So I decided to Run a Overflow Line on the collection cup now I have a cpl weeks to change out the Two liter it drains into, have never forgot to empty that before it overflows LOL That was a little of topic I guess to orginial queestion yeah going to take a cpl weeks to break in and you will just need to keep on top of it.

-Owen

Back