How many fishes for 180?

Turtle

Non-member
I just upgraded to an 180. Just wondering how many fishes can I keep. Currently I have a blonde nasal tang, hippo tang, sailfin tang, yellow tang, 5 clowns, bangai, pink spotted goby, and a small wrasse (look like 6lines but not). Can I still add more. TIA.

With those tangs, ur pretty stocked... though there will be the people who beleive in cramming more fish who will say i am wrong... we would have to learn more about ur filtering system, or at least i would, before i would advise further...

Myself, i beleive in quality over quantity...

yea if u have excellent filtration you should think about how strong is ur filtration and calculate how many fish is enough for the water to stay stable......i have 7 tangs in my 120 and i had to add another skimmer to keep my nitrates from going through the roof..my filtration is well worth over $1000.00 my sump skimmer is rated at 300 gal and my fuge skimmer is rated at 300 gal also .....and alot of macro then i have 300 lb live rock...then i alos have gfo and carbon reactor.....this is just an example..... what do u have for filtration?

In that case I guess the sailfin and yellow tang gotta go. I have a 100 gallons sump with live rocks filled more than half of it and a 30 gallons fuge. The skimmer I believe it a euroreef (got it from RayD) running. I also have an Elos NS4000 which have not been set up yet. I also run carbon and GFO.

why does that mean they have to go? you have the room at this point for sure... i hope i didnt discourage you... i would love to see a system pic jus for the sake of sharing though :)

I have plan to add other fish and don't want to overstock. I'll see if I can upload some pics

bad cell phone pic

IMG_20110821_224905-2.JPG

Last edited:
Elos 1effin80!!! i wanted that effin tank! dude ur good to go...u dont have to get rid of ur tangs...i saw that setup.....ur ready to stock it up......dude im hating on ur tank.

dude i effin hate you! lol i swear i was going to buy that tank..i had cash in hand.......! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

you should consider some more small fish... various wrasses, hawkfish, basslets... if you can feed enough, a harem of anthias would look amazing in there...

dude i effin hate you! lol i swear i was going to buy that tank..i had cash in hand.......! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

LoL...at first he was agreed to give me the setup for $1800 but later he said there're alot of peoples want it for $2000 so the price go back to 2k. I'm broke after this but it well worthit.

Holy crap! thats a great tank you got there! great job

you should consider some more small fish... various wrasses, hawkfish, basslets... if you can feed enough, a harem of anthias would look amazing in there...

Thanks pallobi. That's my plan so I think I want to let go of the sailfin and maybe the yellow tang.

Thanks Mr.Rodrigo but for hawkfish, I like the long nose.

wow, the person you bought it from did that? whether its a good price or not, you stick to an agreement... i would have told them pound dirt... jus sayin

yea the rabbitfish u are interested in looked awesome under leds....his body is like holographic so leds really make this fish stand out......

wow, the person you bought it from did that? whether its a good price or not, you stick to an agreement... i would have told them pound dirt... jus sayin

I wish it was $1800 but I want it so bad so I just agreed with 2k. Michael is a great guy, very helpful and very easy to deal with.

yea the rabbitfish u are interested in looked awesome under leds....his body is like holographic so leds really make this fish stand out......

That's good to hear. Let me know when is the best time to pick up the fishes. I prefer late Sat. or Sunday but weeknights ok too beside Friday whatever work best for you.

im free after 4 today.....ill be working on my tank repairing my led's they are flashing idk why...... let me know if u want to sell ur elos........! put me 1st in line

Back