How many people run 3 stage DI?

PSU4ME

BRS Member
As the title says (asks), how many folks run a three stage DI for your RODI? And if you do, what would you say is your reasoning for it?

i dont think it necessary since but it will save the life span of all the di resin with more stage. Because at the end of the output as long as your water come out 0 tds then that's all it matter imo. Also i think its depend on the city you live in. For example in the city the water is really dirty so high tds so they can use like 7 or 8 stages of rodi unit to make sure water came out completely clean.

This sounds weird but I’m not sure if 0 tds means pure, no nothing water. I currently run two mixed beds, 0 tds after first then it goes through second. Ati test shows silica getting through.

Bought the 3 stage as they say it works differently and as you said, makes the media last. TBD

This sounds weird but I’m not sure if 0 tds means pure, no nothing water. I currently run two mixed beds, 0 tds after first then it goes through second. Ati test shows silica getting through.

Bought the 3 stage as they say it works differently and as you said, makes the media last. TBD
Takes a certain amount of solids to register at 1 TDS, 500ug I recall seeing somewhere. So it is possible for stuff to get through and read 0 TDS.

Takes a certain amount of solids to register at 1 TDS, 500ug I recall seeing somewhere. So it is possible for stuff to get through and read 0 TDS.

I think TDS is usually in ppm, so yeah 1 mg ions per L. But I guess 500 ug or 0.5 ppm might round up to 1?

You need a spectrpure color changing silica buster di cartridge. It will take care of that problem.

I’m running the 3 stage DI now. Cation, anion then mixed bed. It’s likely more efficient but on reef moonshiners, I’m not making a lot of water!

Right? I am going through about 35-40g of top off a week was hoping to better insulate and cover some of the basement tanks before this winter but never got to it
I'm at about 30-35 gallons every 10 days or so.

So I set the 3 stage up today. Found it interesting that after it running for a while, I had 3 tds going into the Cation stage, 8 tds coming out! I don’t have a tds meter on the second stage (anion) but I do in the 3rd (mixed). 3rd stage showed 0 in, 0 out so the ati test will be the judge on whether or not it removed the silica.

While I anticipated the single stages to not remove everything, I didn’t expect it to ADD tds!

So I set the 3 stage up today. Found it interesting that after it running for a while, I had 3 tds going into the Cation stage, 8 tds coming out! I don’t have a tds meter on the second stage (anion) but I do in the 3rd (mixed). 3rd stage showed 0 in, 0 out so the ati test will be the judge on whether or not it removed the silica.

While I anticipated the single stages to not remove everything, I didn’t expect it to ADD tds!
If I remember correctly from the Brs in depth video on the pro DI it will show tds due to the positive or negative ion charges from each of the canisters but what’s important is the 0 tds coming out of the mixed bed at the end

Yup I’m getting 0 out of the second stage so the 3rd is just precautionary so I feel good

Back