How many lives on a fish

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
I was driving home and get a call from my wife, the yellow fish (aka yellow coris wrasse ) is on the carpet and isn't moving. Her mother ( my mother in law) grabbed it and put it back in the tank. It floated straight to a power head and got stuck there, meanwhile my cleaner shrimp started going to town on the wrasse.
I told my wife it was ok and I'd grab it when I got home and hung up. She calls me back a minute later telling me the wrasse darted away from the power head and the shrimp. I thought what a lucky sob.
Anyone else have something like that happen?

That sounds like some finding memo escape plan gone wrong! Glad he made it (for now?) mine always just float to the bottom and get eaten by bristle worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pintail fairy wrasse did this. I thought it was surely dead but it came back to life.
But sorry to rain on your parade, my pintail died suddenly a couple months after that. I think there's some internal damage due to lack of oxygen or the impact from the fall.

I can see on his side discoloration on some scales and he's missing a little bit of his dorsal fin. Eating like a pig like always but time will tell if he makes it or if my cleaner is going to have a extra meal

Ive heard of someone who had a hippo jump. Came home to a crispy fish and brought it back

I just got home and went digging for the fish and he almost slapped me in the face when he came darting out of the sand lol

My Yellow Coris just had the one life...

He was exceptioanlly hydrodynamic, but a las he was not expericned in the ways of aerodyanmics and dried out on the carpet floor after getting chewed on a little by the cats. :(

Back