How many are using one large pump to run everything on the tank?

Nocturnal

Habitual Line Stepper
When I move and upgrade my tank, I am considering just using one large pump to run everything on the tank: sump return, skimmer, and both my phosban reactors. I run three pumps now
Does anyone do this with larger tanks?
If so, do you have any shots of your plumbing?
TIA

I'm pretty sure it's one pump he's running...but you wanna see some plumbing...and a few tanks, sump, skimmer all plumbed together...take a visit to Mauro's(maurod) here...(sorry for advertising ya mauro:)) it's neat organized and I have no idea what does what!!!I love it!

The sequence 3200 is your friend :)
It's doable but you have to have some way to heat and circulate water in all tanks in case of failure.
(I use a separate "backup" heater in tank and sump, that is set to go on at 78 degrees instead of 79 and will keep my sump, display, frag and fuge warm in a failure mode.

I built a manifold to handle distribution of water to other tanks and to the sink for water changes. Every new system I help build would have some expandable T in the return leg for things like waterchanges and expansion.

M.

Thanks Mauro. I was checking out your pictures. The manifold is pretty much just how I was thinking on doing mine. Does that check valve work well?

Back