How many wrasses in one tank?

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
What is the most anyone has/had in a tank? Right now I have 3 and they all get along great, a fairy wrasse, a disapearing wrasse, and an anampses wrasse, and I know I want to add a pair of leppords

I have a Scott's fairy wrasse, a melanarus wrasse, and a candy hogfish (sort of a wrasse) in a 72. At one point I had the Scott's, melanarus, and an iridis wrasse.

I have a candy hogfish (called a twin-spot sometimes), a bipartus leopard wrasse, and an ornate leopard wrasse in a 120. All get along great. Although before I added the ornate wrasse, I had tried a second bipartus... the first bipartus ripped the new one to shreds :(

At one time I had a yellow flanked fairy, a solorensis fairy, a six line wrasse, and a bipartus leopard wrasse
in my 75g. Love them all, now I only have the solorensis and the bipartus, the other 2 jumped out. I have a close canopy, but those 2 jumped out when I forgot to close the canopy tightly after feeding :(

I have a fairy wrasse, a six line, and had a yellow coris with them until he went mia when I changed my sand bed in a 210, and they don't even pay attention to each other.

wow just saw this very strange wrasse (dragon wrasse)on live aquaria

Attachments

• lg_75592.jpg
    lg_75592.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 568
armando, those can be found locally, sea creatures in revere has one and new england tropical pet has one...moe is right though.

Moe_K said:
not reef safe, armando.
they also live to rearrange rocks.

mine moves rocks all over the place. and if you mess the rocks up it will keep moving until it is happy. its awesome. definetly not reef safe. it will knock over and move around everything in your tank.

they also dont stay so pretty. adults IMO are not nearly as striking to the eye as juvies.

sorry to hijack ray, its great that your successfully restocking your tank!!! :D

Last edited:
I have a pair of solorensis (those should be familiar to you, Ray ;)) and a possum wrasse in my 75g... they get along fine and are all peaceful. The possum hides a lot in the rocks, but that's expected.

You may want to check Rebecca's TOTM article, she has a number of wrasses in her tank; the latest TOTM article (Chucksreef's), which will be posted soon, is also a good example of several wrasses coexisting together peacefully.

Nuno

I should have asked you Joe :) I mean more so how many different kinds
Armando that is one nice looking wrasse, got anymore info on it?

Back