How often do you change sediment filters?

How often do you change filters?

• <3 months

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ~6 months

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Every year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • These things need to be changed?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

shrimpchips

BRS Member
As title says. When I lived in another city and had a 130g system, I was changing my filters less than every year. Here in Watertown I’m lucky to get 2-3 months on a sediment filter before it’s completely brown. I’m considering running two sediment filters prior to carbon stages to so I’m not having to change them out so often. What’s your experience with New England waters?

My filters in Dedham were great, lasted a long time, probably 1000 gallons before I’d have to service RO filters. When we moved to Medway, that was the worst water I’ve ever seen. Brown sediment filters in ~200 gallons. Now I’m Taunton, it’s comparable to dedham. Very clean water supply here. For what it’s worth, while in Medway I struggled for almost 3 years with my tanks. Dedham was a piece of cake. Taunton is TBD I’ve only been up and running a few weeks here.

It all depends on how much water your making too. Now that the system is up and running here, I’ll probably only make 50 gallons or so a month between WC’s and Top Offs

Back