How to NOT DIY.... EEK!

I don't get it? Is it designed to catch fire first, or fall over first?

Good effort though :)

Definitely an "A" for effort. Looks like he put a lot of work into that system, but it is indeed scary to say the least :eek:

<edit> is he really using zip-ties to secure the actinic fictures?

Last edited:
Well, he's using plastic chain to dangle the MH from the 3 foot tall canopy, so I think the zip ties are consistent with his theme.

It seriously looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie though. That is the reef tank of an unwell mind.

yikes is right......but it does make me feel better about MY DIY :D

I want to follow this guy closely. I hate to say it, but I look forward to reading about the "crash of the century".

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that guy is going to drown in his tank somehow?

When I first read this... all I could think of is "April Fools"???

He's spent a fortune on it too, but it's ok as he has 10 years experience :p

-Mike

That is the funniest things I have seen in a while. :D It just keeps getting better and better as the tank progresses. I love the chains in the hood!!! :cool: :rolleyes:

>sorry to hear all the negative comments.
Of course your build is something along the lines of
im new to saltwater and have tons of money and i love "do it yourself" projects but im super clumsy with power tools......<

This exactly what the thread made me think

I think He spent that 10 years wiring up all those outlets, hasn't had a fish yet though?

I think He spent that 10 years wiring up all those outlets, hasn't had a fish yet though?

LOL! He doesn't have enough time to maintain the tank and wants to automate it, but has enough time to build the Nightmare Before Reefkeeping.

Wonder how long pools start for:
- When the first fish get added if ever...
- When all the fish die off from some bizaare catastrophe...
- When the tank ignites due to wiring... (didn't realize water could burn ;))
- When his wife sees the electric bill...

-Mike

Well he tried can't say he didn't :eek: . BUT CAN YOU SAY FIRE IN THE HOLE!!! OR IF HE IS LUCKY MY BE FLOOD IN THE HOLE.

I don't get it? Is it designed to catch fire first, or fall over first?

Good effort though :)

As ghetto as it is, that stand is plenty strong enough for that tank.

I have no idea what hes trying to do with that electrical/plumbing though. Yikes.

I want to follow this guy closely. I hate to say it, but I look forward to reading about the "crash of the century".

It could be so exciting, like the grand finale of fireworks on the Fourth of July. Hopefully he'll be there to film it and can post it on YouTube with the Boston Pops playing the background.

BTW, what the heck is the beer bong being used for :confused: :confused:

I love this comment:
"It's like a cool old mad scientist wanted to make a tank."

Last edited:
So far I'm seeing these as options for a betting pool
-electrocution
-fire
-drowning
-explosion
-accidentially cutting his leg off with a jig saw
-drowning while being electrocuted at the same time
-drowning and being electrocuted while trying to put the fire out