How to NOT DIY.... EEK!

Just a note....it looks like the beer bong is to fill the tupperware jug...probably with RO/DI so he has some sitting right there for some kind of auto top off, or possibly so he only has to lug a bucket of water to it once every other week instead of every time he wants to top off.

as for the wiring, it looks like he used each "outlet" as a circuit onto itself....the yellow plugs have power coming from the outlet, which gives power to the lower outlet on the circuit with the GFI on that particular circuit.

I'm still reading the whole thread, but I'm gonna have to quote "Lurr" from futurama here and go with "This tank setup confuses and infuriates us!"

Anyone figured out what prompted him to use 3 drilled tanks for the sumps and refugium, but a hanging overflow for the display?

"Of course your build is something along the lines of

im new to saltwater and have tons of money and i love "do it yourself" projects but im super clumsy with power tools......and you get this thread"'

-I think that was my fav quote from the thread.

Lol........remember this on RC, didn't know we had one :)
Great reading material!

For every page I read, it just gets worse and worse.
Edit: I just died laughing at his response on post 111

Last edited:
My brain hurts and I just shook my head at my computer for a solid 20min, with little or no constructive criticism. Just remember if it weren't for people like him their wouldn't be people like you.....

Top of page 20,

"Also I have installed a shower curtain to hide the sumps." with pics... haha goodness

(hint, don't bother following it for too long, it goes no where)

Really wishing I read this bit first, before reading all 42 pages of the RC thread - should have stopped after the shower curtain. The last relevant thing in the "build." Oh well, lots of chuckles on the first 20 pages or so.

Best parts are the two most quoted parts:

"that has to be one of the ugliest tanks i seen in my life. but nice effort"

&

"Of course your build is something along the lines of
im new to saltwater and have tons of money and i love "do it yourself" projects but im super clumsy with power tools......and you get this thread"'

This build was curtains long before the shower curtain went up. Did we ever get to see it with actual water in it never mind livestock? When those 30 heaters all kicked in at once the amp draw would make all his little red reds go out as the wires explode! He actually left Reef Central somewhere around page 20 something to get mental help from all the people making fun of him.

Last edited:
I have his e-mail. Maybe we should try to check in and see how he's doing? :)

Back