How to program Solar Xtreme deep blue lighting system

joeclaudio

Non-member
Hi all I need some help with my new lighting System its a
High output (4X39w) T5, Deep blue T5 10,000k Daylight lamps 2
Deep Blue T5 actinic-03 lamps 2 and 6 LED Moonlight and integrated digital timer so I can program individual channels for full cycled use but the problem is that I need help programing the individual channels with the right time.

First you need to set the time.
Hit the program button and "BOTH" LED'S FLASH, Use the hour and minute buttons to set time.

TO SET BULBS 2 AND 4

(A.)Press Program button till "TOP LED FLASHES" and "BOTTOM LED REMAINS ON", Use the hour and minute buttons to set the time you want these bulbs to come "ON".

(B.)Then, press the program button till the "TOP LED FLASHES" and "BOTTOM LED IS OFF", use the hour and minute buttons to set the time for these two bulbs to shut "OFF".

SETTING BULBS 1 AND 3

(A.)Press the program button till the "BOTTOM LED FLASHES" and "TOP LED IS ON", set the time you want these to go "ON" using the hour and minute buttons.

(B.) Press the program button till the "BOTTOM LED FLASHES" and the "TOP LED IS OFF", set the time you want these bulbs to turn "OFF" using the hour and minute buttons.

I hope this helps, for the price, these units are hard to beat, Built in Controller with LCD Display, 1 plug that controls the whole unit with built in GFI on plug, Glass bulb cover, Built in fans and reflectors that wrap around each bulb and are the same idea as individual just not seperate pieces if that makes sense, and nice bright, not dull LED's for moonlights that are actually strong enough to provide a shimmer effect. Plus they come with 2 actintic and two daylight 10k bulbs, I replaced the actintic bulbs with blue plus bulbs and can grow sps under them no problem, big difference in output now. The 10k bulbs are putting out 500+ par at the surface as measured with the clubs par meter and don't look "yellow", when mixed with blue plus bulbs the tank has a 20k look so I kept them in for now. If you want more light output swap out the actintics for some blue plus or Giesemann actintic plus bulbs.

By the way, Greg stocks these units at underwaterworld in Taunton and I believe he will have one set up side by side with a TEK unit over a new tank thats going up soon. I picked up 2 of the 4X39w 36 inch units for about $240 each. Thats what a decent retro kit costs.....

Last edited:
Nick,
thank you for the programming instructions. if you don't mind, can you tell me how many hours you have each light set up for? does the programming only run 2 types of light?

Sure, you have 4 bulbs per fixture and each program will power 2 bulbs. Bulbs 1 and 3 then 2 and 4, so 2 bulbs go on at each time.
I have the actintics go on for an hour before my daylights, then the daylights go on for 7 more hours then an hour later the actintics shut off. 9 Hours total with 7 hours of all bulbs on. Other people try other times but this is what works for me.

I have a question, do the night led light stay on all the time? I have the T5 48" light I programed bilbs 1,3 and 2,4 but noticed that the LED moon lights stay on all the time. Is this normal?
Thanks for any input,

Back