How would you go about fixing this.

kgstei

CONNECTICUT
The front panel of the Interior overflow box has separated on both side. My concept is simply to clean it as best as I can and slather it with silicone. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• 20211204_124552.jpg
    20211204_124552.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 143
If timing is an issue for drying, then I would recommend, dropping water level below the internal overflow, then alcohol wipe the repair area as well as clean the opening with a razor blade then using thick superglue gel, start at the bottom and applying into the opening then spray on accelerator (which is actually Acetone I think) as you go up, this will set in a few seconds allowing you to apply more above it. You will be back in no time. Happy reefingg!

You can maybe try superglue and baking soda........Super glue gel kinda, squirt it on there, sprinkle baking soda.....and re apply....careful it gets hot...but basically baking soda instantly-ish sets up the glue...it becomes moldable....and you can have it wet again in under 5 mins.

I’m not a professional acrylic or glass guy. I have done a fair bit of research and testing over the last few years. And this is the best I’ve learned.
. If it’s glass. razor blade then acetone. repeat till absolutely clean. then clean neat silicone work show’s imperfections/ potential leaks. Don’t forget to leave a small gap between the panels.
if it’s acrylic same thorough clean. Scotch bright acetone and Weldon 42.
good luck.

Back