Hungry hungry white worm eating mandarin!!!

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again(well I'll steal it again from @Paul B lol ) white worms rule! So easy to culture and super nutritious. My mandarin goes berserk for them! Look at how fast she swam over to the corner. For the record the rest of my fish love them as well but if you have a hard to feed mandarin white worms are something you should defiantly try!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again(well I'll steal it again from @Paul B lol ) white worms rule! So easy to culture and super nutritious. My mandarin goes berserk for them! Look at how fast she swam over to the corner. For the record the rest of my fish love them as well but if you have a hard to feed mandarin white worms are something you should defiantly try!!!

Subscribed to your channel! Amazing reef you have!

I have had no luck culturing these. Followed instructions but don't get many. Lot of mites but that is it. Can you LMK ur culturing methods. TY
Not trying to steal thread but recently I acquired a starter culture here on Boston Reef. I’ve found it pretty easy. I’ve had great success so far, but things do happen and cultures do crash. So this is how I culture mine.
1. organic dirt wet with RODI water. Moist but not soaked.
2. add worm culture
3. Wheat bread spread organic plain Greek yogurt on bread then add nutritional yeast over top.
4. Store in cool place. Reproduction takes 14 days I believe
5. Keep in cool place
I use throw away Tupperware containers with holes in top. I also use a piece of plexiglass over top of bread and push down so worms come to sides of container for easy access. Take a look at some recent cultures.
26526BB5-AE1F-4E83-891B-0B8EBBEFC23E.jpeg
E6749616-C0F5-4B63-B3FE-60FCC21DEEA9.jpeg
4ED2E7F4-F596-4002-8519-A4C80A474EBB.jpeg

hope this helps

Last edited:
Not trying to steal thread but recently I acquired a starter culture here on Boston Reef. I’ve found it pretty easy. I’ve had great success so far, but things do happen and cultures do crash. So this is how I culture mine.
2. add worm culture
3. Wheat bread spread organic plain Greek yogurt on bread then add nutritional yeast over top.
5. Keep in cool place
I use throw away Tupperware containers with holes in top. I also use a piece of plexiglass over top of bread and push down so worms come to sides of container for easy access. Take a look at some recent cultures.
hope this helps

Exactly what he said is what I do. Only difference is I keep them in a 4 bottle wine cooler I got of facebook marketplace for $20 which greatly helps with the coolness and darkness...

2. add worm culture
5. Keep in cool place
I use throw away Tupperware containers with holes in top. I also use a piece of plexiglass over top of bread and push down so worms come to sides of container for easy access. Take a look at some recent cultures. View attachment 152243View attachment 152244View attachment 152245
hope this helps
You put the bread face down on yogurt side? I pretty much followed that. You get mites?

Yes bread with the yogurt face down. Knock on wood no mites. Not sure if the wine cooler helps keep things extra clean or not but it is sealed up pretty well...

Back