I need to see some access door pics

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
Trying to get a few ideas for my in-wall access door(s) above my tank. After spending a good hour searching on RC it seems a lot of people leave this tiny detail out :confused:

an acess door above the tank when its in-wall? Dont you usally access the tank via the other room where the tank is in

this is me said:
an acess door above the tank when its in-wall? Dont you usally access the tank via the other room where the tank is in

yes but I am adding a access door above the tank in the viewing room also.

Do you know JVNH he lives in merrimack NH. His tank does not have an access door from the front it looks great. I agree it would make things eazyer to clean but they make long scapers for short arms. I have a 125g tank and have only access from front and it is eazy to get to all corners from 1 side.It is also silent if the show side is sealed off from the viewer.

But it's hard to aquascape from the back because you can't see anything you're doing.

Why not just put trim around a plywood panel, or a raised wood panel. Then use cabinet latches to release the door from the back side.

Take a look at the front of our tank when you pickup the sand. We have a large wooden hood that opens at the front and side panels that slide off.

NateHanson said:
But it's hard to aquascape from the back because you can't see anything you're doing.

I guess your right about that. Just put the door to get around to the back right next to the tank. That way you could just run back and forth to see :D LOL

I have done two systems with front access doors. One in wall and one free standing. if your interested in pictures I will either send you a PM or post let me know.

Sure, drop me a PM.

I decided to go with a 72" x 18" piece of pine in which I will add some latches and stain to match the other woodwork in the room.

Picture of opening without door.
IMG_0237.jpg

Back