ID please!

steevareno

BRS Member
Are these flatworms? That is as clear a picture i could get. Thanks....... :confused:

Attachments

• 100_0549.JPG
    100_0549.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 211
it is not really possible to see unfortunately. any chance you could try taking pics until you get a better one?

either cyano...or could be those worms that live in the sand bed..but if a picture is worth a thousand words... this is speaking gibberish :) Another pic will help...good luck..

if it is cyano, increase flow and check for phosphates, nitrates, nitrites. Do some water changes and you will have it back in check before too long.

Try searching for images online. Look for flatworms, cyano, dinoflagellates for starters.

I'd guess dinoflagelates, but that's a pretty fuzzy picture, so no guarantees.

Nate

they are in the sand and not cyano, this was the best i could get

Attachments

• 100_0559.JPG
    100_0559.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 206
so hard to tell if you look closely and the strands do you see light and dark segments?

possible a spaghetti worm. Does it look like multiple strands sticking out of the sand?

It does look like stringy cyano tho...

so hard to tell if you look closely and the strands do you see light and dark segments? Yes

Yep, they're great. Do the strands move around (more than just quivering in the current)? Looks like dinoflag to me, but blow it with a baster. If they blow away and float to the top, it's dinos.

Nate

I get such a kick out of the "loch ness monster" type Id photos...no slight intended, its tough to get a good shot of a fish tank... but I find these so funny ;D

(feeling goofy tonight)

I can see enough in the second picture to see that it's a terebellid worm. You can indeed see the dark bands in the feeding tentacles. See a thread I posted the other week in the photography forum for some detailed pics of what these guys look like when they come out of the sand. I watched two of mine spawning. They're excellent detritivores -- good guys.

Here: http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11269

--cn

Last edited:
Back