Ideas for a 125g stand with a 40b sump

Dekon

BRS Member
Looking for ideas on how I can fit a 40B under a 125g. I am going to be building my own stand. Maybe I'm overthinking here; but with them both being 18" wide, I might not be able to.

you would likely need to build the stand wider than 18" and move the DT to the front leaving the extra room on the back side.

you would likely need to build the stand wider than 18" and move the DT to the front leaving the extra room on the back side.

That is what I was thinking of doing, I was thinking of doubling up 2X6's on the back frame to give me that extra little bit of room I need. When I measured the tanks, the 125 is 18 5/8" wide and the 40B is 18 1/4" wide.

I have a 125 with a 75g sump and instead of making the stand frame wider I just put the doors/skin on the outside (if that makes any sense). Of course I used a metal frame, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for a wood based stand too.

Center it on the tank, you can span the 36" or so. Use double doors in the center so you can just slide it in match the same layout on the back. You will need to use overlay doors i.e no inset

Ore move tank to the back depending on if the tank is reef ready or not and then build a shelf like around the tank on top of the stand. I am doing this to mine even though the sump/ refugium/ Skimmer tanks will be in another location and not under the stand!!

Back