Instant Ocean Holdfast epoxy

ReefAddict

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Instant Ocean Holdfast epoxy. What happened to this stuff? :(. It is my favorite epoxy and I have tried them all. Has it become discontinued. No where is stocking it anymore.

Amazon had been selling it for so cheaply and I loved it, would buy 5 at a time. Now I barely can find it online anywhere.

I just emailed IO directly.

Last edited:
Last places I saw it were petco and petsmart and they were always on clearance.

I was just looking on Amazon just now as well. Ended up ordering something else. It was great since it was so cheap - cynic in me thinks they’ll redo the packaging and price it in line with competitors if/when they bring it back.

On the theme of underwater epoxy...anyone try the new "SeaTak" stuff? I see that Champion is selling it. Seems super expensive. Might come in handy in some cases, but the shelf life is only 6 months, so it'd be hard to justify.

Hmm I'm putting in a Champion order today. I'll add some to my cart and try it out the SeaTak.

I went to 2 petco and petsmart. They all look like this!
8D751FFF-CE18-4BB7-99F5-DAC041053C7E.jpeg

Instant ocean hasn’t responded to my emails yet.

On the theme of underwater epoxy...anyone try the new "SeaTak" stuff? I see that Champion is selling it. Seems super expensive. Might come in handy in some cases, but the shelf life is only 6 months, so it'd be hard to justify.
Hmm I'm putting in a Champion order today. I'll add some to my cart and try it out the SeaTak.
Wait!!!! i just went to put it in my cart. A 2oz tube retail list price $35.99 yeah, I won't be trying this out.

Yes, I really should do more of my wholesale purchasing through Champion instead of BRS.
I like to support the smaller guy when I can.

I'm going to purchase a some of the TLF Aqua Stik, see how I like it. I know I have used it in the past. I think it was good enough but if I remember correctly, it had that strong smell that IO doesn't have.

Wait!!!! i just went to put it in my cart. A 2oz tube retail list price $35.99 yeah, I won't be trying this out.
here is my thought/Opinion it probably works better on dry frags rock than wet. seemed quite difficult to get a live wet slimingbcoral to stand without a large dollop of it. if it has a large base like a frag plug worked best on marco dry rock than trying to stink in the tank. that’s my 2 cents. I tried it now i’m over it

While we are on the topic of putty expoxies...a public service announcement. Take the warning to wear gloves when working with this stuff seriously. I do not have particularly sensitive skin, but I had a severe reaction to one of these putty epoxies once...came very close to going to the hospital.

Spectrum got back to me.

“HI Domenic,

Thank you for writing us. Unfortunately, that product is currently not available. It may be back eventually, however.

Kind regards,”

Lol not much Info there.

Not sure of inventory but this popped up during a search:

Back