It Happened...And pissed.

GottisEgo

Non-member
:mad:
Wake up this morning, water is alittle cloudy and smelly. Low and behold, my GBTA was sucked and shredded in my Koralia. It was firmly planted on the rock when I went to sleep, and some how got up to the pump.

So I spent a good 20 mins fishing everything of him out of the tank, the best I could and thrashing him. Could not do a water change as I had to leave the office. Will do so when I return home. I closed my home office door, open the windows wide, and preparded to open it when I get home to a funk!!

Needless to say, I dont think I will be introducing a Anemone into my tank anytime soon. This GBTA was crawling around everywhere and it was frustrating because I knew there was a possibility of his demise in those Koralia's. EH!

I hear ya, I have a Koralia in my 90 gal on a timer to go on when my lights go on..there is a Blenny thats makes it his perch when it is off..one day I know he is gonna forget to get out before it turns on!

Any pics? Sorry to hear that....

No pics. This was early in the morning as I'm getting ready to get to work. All I was concerned about was fishing out as much remains as possible, and start filling my BRUTE with RO/DI water to do a 50% water change when I get home.

The even better part of the story(sarcastic) is I have a pair of True Percula's arriving today from LiveAquaria.Com .

No pics. This was early in the morning as I'm getting ready to get to work. All I was concerned about was fishing out as much remains as possible, and start filling my BRUTE with RO/DI water to do a 50% water change when I get home.

The even better part of the story(sarcastic) is I have a pair of True Percula's arriving today from LiveAquaria.Com .

Oh man,sorry to hear this happened to you.
I have a condy that climbs all over the plac ealso.My daughter actually noticed one afternoon that it had a tentacle up the hob filter and unplugged it.It's had a few close calls.I hear you one not wanting any more anenome's in the tank.When it's not stinging corals it's looking to get sucked into something...they're all a PITA.
Was there any other fish/inverts in the tank?

Oh man,sorry to hear this happened to you.
I have a condy that climbs all over the plac ealso.My daughter actually noticed one afternoon that it had a tentacle up the hob filter and unplugged it.It's had a few close calls.I hear you one not wanting any more anenome's in the tank.When it's not stinging corals it's looking to get sucked into something...they're all a PITA.
Was there any other fish/inverts in the tank?

They are definantely a PITA. Inhabitants were very few. 1 Algae Blenny, Clean up Crews, Frag of Frogspawn, 20 Polyps of Zoa's (which totally closed up from this) and a frag of GSP.

I am going to try and do a 50% water change during lunch time, since I have the luxury to have my office about .5 miles from my condo. I have the RO/DI water filling the Brute now so we shall see.

Sorry to hear about the loss. We have a Koralia and an RBTA and were paranoid that this would happen to ours too. It still could but my wife saw a mod for the Koralia's on RC that could possibly save it.

Back