it's over... Get on with the rest of your lives

dad300

Non-member
Heres my take on the whole freakin Macna mess.
Mistakes were made by multiple people at multiple times. It happens.

Assumptions were made that this would be run like a very well oiled and efficient running business. that didn't happen. It is a volunteer organization. not everyone is a business person and has that outlook.

The main disagreement that i see is this... You didn't do as I expected you to so I'm ugly at you. Perception is 90% of what people think about you.. it's not what you do in many cases it is what people think you did.

I'll be honest. I probably won't renew my membership when it expires. Why? The club isn't fun. there is little to no value in the club for me right now. I can't make the meetings and when i get on the board it isn't about info or learning or sharing of some new thing. it is about who is pissed off at who.

It's time to grow up and deal with the mistakes that were made as adults not midleschoolers. It's a crying shame. I stayed in the hobby because of some of the people that are getting hollared at on a regular basis right now. (on both sides of the affair.).

You've lost a person here in NH for Boston reefers. I wish there was something closer to me. :(

All I want out of the club is this... friendship, education and an occasional frag or two. Im personally not interested in being the biggest , baddest and most influential club on the planet.

I've been in management for almost twenty years.. being on the top aint all its cracked up to be.

I guess the real issue that is going on right now is...What kind of club will BRS be?

Thanks for listening to this ramble.
imho, fwiw, etc

I agree with you 1000% I came to the club to meet people who are passionate about the hobby, to learn, and to have FUN (getting a few free frags is a bonus!) I don't care about the politics - who did or said what to who. I want to get back to the hobby....let's put Macna behind us.

Daire

ps...I agree with you on the "joys" of management. Isn't that why we pick up hobbies? To get away from all that "crap" at work!!

give the BRS some space. dont give up yet. time to rebuild and learn from what happened. then we can back to "friendship, education and an occasional frag or two"

it will happen............. because the majority will demand it.

I think what he is referring to is the fact that those of us in the northern areas of new england don't have a whole lot of choice in Reef clubs.
Case in point. I drive, when I can get the time off, over a hour to attend the meetings at Wakefield. if the meeting lasts 3 hours. I spend over 6 hours on a club meeting on one of my days off. Its a major commitment just to get to the meeting. I'd love to be more involved but.... I don't have the time to drive south a couple times a month plus meetings .

littlep93056 said:
it's a hour plus to our meetings, it's two hours plus to conn. meetings

well then... looks like a RI club in in order. :D

I forget how far RI really is...

I'm a litle pissy today but.... BRS is in my blood. I'm a freaking junky. I'll be around when I can but... Crap the pissin and moanin is getting too much.

No i'd really like this one but all ths sh#t is hurting it , i only hope that we can make it pass this

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just stop the pissin' and moaning, and keep the politics to a minimum. We have an incredible hobby, a great bunch of knowledgable members, and large membership of people who want to learn more about reefing. So, let's get back to what we all have in common...reefing. I find the club extremely valuable, but I can sympathize with dad300's logistics issues. I came from Maine and know how it is to be "near nothing". So, there's not an easy solution to that. But, I for one appreciate everyone's involvement, no matter how large the contribution. Making meetings is not a neccesity, but certainly a nice luxury. I believe in the sharing of knowledge and this club is a great way to achieve that. I am happy to be a part of it.

dad300 said:
I think what he is referring to is the fact that those of us in the northern areas of new england don't have a whole lot of choice in Reef clubs.
Case in point. I drive, when I can get the time off, over a hour to attend the meetings at Wakefield. if the meeting lasts 3 hours. I spend over 6 hours on a club meeting on one of my days off. Its a major commitment just to get to the meeting. I'd love to be more involved but.... I don't have the time to drive south a couple times a month plus meetings .

that happens to alot of us, Im 75 miles each way to wakefield, kills most of the day. that is why we are trying to spread things around and try to have a taunton, marlboro, wakefield and other venues that we can alternate. IF we can find people to help find these places and assist even in a small way.

Back