Jay's Aqatics

PyroJon

Farmer
I stopped into this new store in Salem,NH today. It's small and they have limited selection in the Salt/Reef department but they have fresh and pond stuff as well.

The stock I saw looked pretty healthy and the prices were definitely competitive.

It might be worth a look.

Jon

It's right off of Rt28, sort of across from Dodge Grain.

If you were to take Exit 2 (rt97), towards Salem center, and cross over 28, it will be immediatly on your left as you pass through the intersection.

Stopped in yesterday. Jay seems like a nice guy. He's new, going from hobby to business. I bought a frag and looked at the fish. He had to look up info on some of the fish I was interested in. Be easy on him guys, he's new to the business end of it. Do not flame him. All his tanks looked good, some of them had aiptasia in them but so does other stores. There was couple of corals I was interested in but they both had aiptasia on the rock...bummer! All in all it's a small but nice place...I'll go back.

First time in today, some of the tanks are still finishing their cycle, but there is plenty worth stopping for. Nice selection of fish, some interesting corals, dry goods selection is good. Pricing is really the best I have seen in the area. No doubt I will go back. A place that prices the fish and corals on the tanks and does not frag everything down to dime size. Nice find.

i actualy found it by accident today, but i had a big trailer behind me and couldnt find any where to park. will definately stop next trip out.

there is a big parking lot behind him. you just have to go around the corner on rt 28 and pull into the piano store parking lot , they both connect

i will look for it next time. thanks. i figured there had to be some where to park off the road. now i just have to find my way back. when i saw the store i was lost. lol

was in there today and picked up a orange ric rock with about 15 rics for an unbelievably low price. awesome store

Did you ever pic up that zoo rock you were eyeballing?
I'm lovin' the one I got. :D

Oh. Well you don't expect me to read the last post and the two before it, do you?

I still need pics.

sinic :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• 100_4137.JPG
    100_4137.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 593
DSC01715.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

I got both of these there a week ago.. 35.00 for the frogspawn and 30.00 for the other.. (forgot what it is.. a little help please :D ) .. Not bad huh? went to sea world and they want 65.00 for the same size.. so now i stop by at sea world to look and then on my way home to haverhill i stop at jay's to buy! :)

i have never had a problem at jay's .. i just wish i went there first when i started out over the summer.. (Complaints about another store removed. One store per thread. Jay's is great though.. pretty laid back guy never felt rushed when i am there .. when i walk in he just says "if you need any help i am right here" which i like instead of having to stalk and then interupt 2 employees who are talking to each other at another store (I KNOW THAT U SAW ME STANDING THERE DON'T IGNORE ME!!!) just to get some live brine.. jeeesh More complaints about another store removed... whew enough venting!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped into Jay's yesterday and I must say for a small store he had quite a bit to offer! He was extremely friendly and from the things that I bought, had great prices, and to top it off he had LIVE rotifers! Not many stores ever carry live foods. I will definitely go back.

Jamison

Even though I've offered directions to Jay's before, I finally stopped in today.

I will definitely be back when my cycle completes. I was already impressed with the selection and prices of his corals and the condition of his fish when he told me about his plans for the sps tank.

I think I found my LFS.

Back