jumping fish day

skyedolphan

Non-member
Must be the day for the fish to jump.
I went down stairs this moring and everything was ok
went down this afternoon with mIke and he found my corriss wrasse on the floor
How the bugger made it through the eurobracing managed to miss the large overflow box , fell on the floor and managed to find the 3 inch hole in a 4 foot area I will never know.
Rip Corry at 6 years :(

The not so enjoyable part was that we found him under my foot after I had put my size 10's down on him with all 190 lbs of me! I know he was probably already passed, but still, not the way you want to discover a jumper, tread marks in him and all! Sorry Dawn! :(

Must be the day for the fish to jump.
I went down stairs this moring and everything was ok
went down this afternoon with mIke and he found my corriss wrasse on the floor
How the bugger made it through the eurobracing managed to miss the large overflow box , fell on the floor and managed to find the 3 inch hole in a 4 foot area I will never know.
Rip Corry at 6 years :(

Sorry to hear Dawn.....
one of my chromis was stuck against the wavemaker inlet this morning.....:(

I've only ever had one fish jump on me, but since i've upgraded to MH i've gone topless (lol) and i'm kind of worried someone is gonna jump...

I picked up a jawfish a couple days ago. After acclimating him for a couple hours I put him in the tank (yea, yea I know. New tank no QT yet.) I was surprised that he spebt most of his time near the top of the tank though he looked fine. My wife and I came back from dinner and he was nowhere to be found. I have fitted eggcrate on the top plus a canopy. There's gutter guard all around my horizontal over flow that reachs to the eggcrate. There is also another fitted piece of eggcrate in the overflow box. He could only have gone behind the tank becuase of the canopy. He wasn't there. I scoured the sump on the very off chance he made it there. Nope. So I gave up.

Today I went and got another 2 jawfish. After they were acclimated and in the tank I was messing around in the sump area and my assistant (Rudy the Cat) began pawing at the return section of the sump. There was MIA jawfish. Somehow he had jumped into the overflow (through all the aforesaid barriers), rode through the plumbing and a partially closed ball valve, into a rubble-filled bubble tower; through the rubble over and under the bubble baffles and into the return section. And managing to avoid being sucked into the return. Spunky little sucker. So now we have a colony of jawfish. Between them and the pistol shrimp the sand is going to look like the Big Dig soon.

Must be the week for fish jumping. My clown of about 7 years jumped and was found dried on the floor.

same thin happen to my perc of 4+yrs...just decided to end it and know her partner isnt the same. i think hes depressed ;).

Sorry to hear that Dawn. You really do become attached to your fish as they all have their own personalities. Especially after having for so many years. Just before I broke down my 120 I purchased a great looking Leopard Wrasse. I paid a pretty penny for him too only to find him on the floor the next morning. :mad:

Wow sorry to hear that dawn. My blue damsel that I had for about 15 months (my first fish) Jumped last week.

Sorry to hear that Dawn, and WOW 6 years thats amazing!....and to add to the jumping theme....about three weeks ago this happend...I was about to feed the fish, and I got my measuring cup that I defrost the frozen in, and got the food out of the freezer, then I reached around the corner to put some tank water in the cup (I usually go to the front of the tank to dip the cup in and the fish know its FOOD time) and my six line must have been hanging out right next to where I put the cup in the water and I spooked him and he jumped!...It was my lucky day because he bounced off the MH, then off the wall down the back side of the tank (where I would have NEVER reached him in time) and right into my RO top off resv. that sticks out the back of the stand about 2 1/2", so the best part is that 1.he didnt land on the floor, and 2. he landed in FRESH water! so it slowed him down (cause he was dying!) enough so i could grab him in my hand, and throw him back in the display! two minutes later and he was eating like the pig he is...so my storry ended up a happy one, but if it wasn't for a one in a million crash landing into fresh water he would have bit the bullet!!!!

Sorry to hear Dawn, my Wrasse Rainbow jumped last week geesh what's going on with all these jumping fish.

Geez -- I have a screen that I haven't put all together. Sounds like the 5 minute job to finish it should get done today!

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back