fish jumping season?

lori

Non-member
2 weeks ago it was my prized 6 line today i went downstairs and it was my freshwater flying fox on the floor guess he wanted to test the flying theory had him for two years was a pair full grown
just wanted to vent.

Sorry to hear Lori. I have had a few jumpers in my time as well, mostly wrasses though.

It was my Tinfoil barb in my fresh water days. But he was so loud about it so you always knew when he jumped. The cover slamming open with no one in the room was a good indicator he was loose again and I needed to go put him back in the tank again ::

I am thinking I need to try out the netting Paul/reefkeeper2 uses, before getting anymore wrasses.

I just rescued my watchman goby from behind the surface skimmer (24 gallon nano). The little dude wasn't feelin' so great when I got him out, but he is doing well now.

Does anyone have any tricks for preventing this?

sorry to hear that

sorry to hear that. mine are jumping as well..My mandarin kept jumping over the back into the sump finally jumped the wrong way:(...my six line jumped into the sump a week ago I'm afraid to pull him out..fear he'll end up on the floor as well...

wow, mandarins are jumpers too? sheesh....sorry to all of the above for your losses

Sorry to hear. I just fished my clown out of the overflow Saturday night, first time she's ever jumped too

out of all my fish the 6line is the only 1 that likes 2 jump once on the floor put him back in the tank 2 months later he is in my over flow then i find him in my sock dosent he get the point

Back